Visas for India
Visa upon arrival is NOT acceptable when traveling to India.
- Visa to enter India from all countries can be applied for here https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
- Visa must be applied for a minimum of 4 days before your arrival date.
Visas for Nepal
- Apply online no more than 15 days before arrival in Nepal here: http://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa
- You can also complete this application upon arrival at Tribhuvan Airport, however in order to save time and avoid some crowds we recommend completing the form online.
Visas for Mongolia
- Riders from the USA and Canada do not need a visa to enter Mongolia if staying for 90 days or less. For stays of more than 30 days you must register with Mongolian Immigration within seven days of arrival. Failure to do so will result in a fine of $100-$300 even if you extend your stay due to circumstances beyond your control. (Source: U.S. Department of State https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Mongolia.html )
- You need proof of a hotel booking which we will provide at the appropriate time.
Visas for Bhutan
Motorcycle Sherpa will apply for a visa on your behalf. As clients will land in New Delhi, India at the start of the tour an Indian Visa will be required. Please consult our information on obtaining a visa for India.
You will need 4 passport photos. Some are for your visa application and some are spares to bring as they will occasionally be required.
Passport Photos Sizes
- Nepal : You will require 4 identical photos of dimensions 35mm x 45mm
- India : You will require 4 identical photos of dimensions 51mm x 51mm (2 inches by 2 inches)
- Mongolia : You will require 4 identical photos of dimensions 30mm x 40mm
- Bhutan : You will require 4 identical photos of dimensions 35mm x 45mm
Visas for India and Nepal require that the individual applying provide an address of where they will be staying.
For tours in India:
Reference Name in India: Motorcycle Sherpa Expeditions
Address: 152/4 Second Floor, Model Town, Manali, Disst Kullu (H.P) 175131
For tours in Nepal
House # : 205
Street : Lamting Marg
Ward : 4
VDC/Municipality : Balwatar
District : Kathmandu, Nepal
NOTE: When completing your preregistration for your visa online, it will also ask you for the hotel details. They will be provided to you 15 days before your arrival which is the earliest you can complete your online application.